Every home and building obligatory have a good ventilation system. If not, dirty air will only continue spinning indoors so it will very negatively affect breathing for any occupants. Indeed, as to what a good ventilation system?
The kinds of general ventilation applied in the home or building
The ventilation system is the air exchange system from the outside in and vice versa which aims to control indoor air quality. The existence of a system of exchange of air pollutants that can issue settles in a room so that it provides healthy air for us to breathe.
The ventilation system is required in every building. Although it looks clean, shiny, every House will produce dirty air, that whether it’s mixed with debris from the dust or smoke from vehicles range outdoors.
Generally, there are 3 types of ventilation system the most commonly used by residential or office buildings.
Natural ventilation system required in each building is a window that can be opened and closed a gap that usually there are air holes in the top of each door. This handy openings to push out the air that comes into the room and put the clean air from the outside.
In addition to a window and slit the air hole, several buildings and certain housing may also have a chimney on top of the roof to allow maximum air exchange.
Form and how much natural ventilation in your home will be vary depending on your needs, the climate of the area, and the design of your building.
If you use natural ventilation is not enough, you can plug the machine to allow the exchange of air in a home. The machine usually a ventilation fan, AC (air conditioning), or exhaust fans.
These machines are aiming to accelerate the air circulation in the room by way of sucking up the air inside the space at once in large quantities to be discarded to the outside. At the same time, this machine will draw fresh air from the outside and provide into the room.
3. Model of mixed or hybrid model
Sometimes some rooms, like the kitchen or bathroom, you need to use a different type of ventilation so that the air exchange more maximum.
Usually in addition to the paired Windows, kitchens and bathrooms will also be paired exhaust fan. This tool serves to suck up and discard the air inside the room and replace it with a new one.
The air exchange process allows rapid so that the air in the room is not too damp or musty old. Exhaust fan should be mounted on the one side facing the outside of the building through a wall or roof.
How to know that the ventilation in your home already?
To find out if the place of residence or workplace office building well ventilated, all of the questions below must be answered with “Yes”:
- Do you have a number of ventilation as needed? For example, 2 bedrooms, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, and the family room should have a minimum of 3 vents. Can a model mixture or natural.
- Whether your home is free of smell?
- Does every room there is a cook stove, wood stove, or Grill there is ventilation such as a window or exhaust fan?
- Is there an exhaust fan or air gaps in the walls of the bathroom?
- If each exhaust fan works fine and the air is dumped into the outdoors? (not into the attic or garage)
What are the consequences if the ventilation of the room is bad?
Dirty air is trapped in the House can affect your health and your family. According to the World Health Organization WHO, poorly ventilated buildings can be a means of spreading infection germs cause diseases, such as influenza, tuberculosis, and legionellosis.
Most of these infectious diseases transmitted through the air. When there is a sick person coughing or sneezing then not closed, the germs will continue to fly in the air. Well if the bad room ventilation, the air containing the germs of the disease will still continue to be in the same room so easily inhaled by people more healthy. Even people who had been ill and had healed can relapse again suffered from the same disease when it is still breathing.
Transmission of the disease recurring in the same building also known as sick building syndrome (SBS). This risk is also vulnerable not only occurs in Office buildings or housing only. Clinics and hospitals are not the same vulnerable be well-ventilated place spread of infection for workers, visitors, and patients there. The spread of infection in the hospital called hospital-acquired infection (HAI)
Bad ventilation make the House easy dirty
Not only is it. If there is no exchange of fresh air, a room in a building long be musty smell due to continued to be left damp. For example, the smell of the food, smell of garbage, and the smell of the feces of animals mixing and continue spinning.
In addition, the air exchange system also indirectly regulate the air humidity at the same time. Home furniture such as wooden floors, wooden tables, wooden furniture and other vulnerable absorb water vapor-steam left in your home. Excess moisture will continue to gather in homes and triggering the growth of mildew and mold, which can affect the health of you and your family.
The Moldy walls and floors is one source of allergens in the home is the most common. The symptoms can be a runny nose, irritated eyes itching and redness, sneezing, and itchy throat.
You might also be vulnerable to experiencing headaches or recurrent fever. Moldy walls of the House became one of the causes why the House so often ill because sporanya can weaken the immune system.
Here are some tips so that air circulation in the House is better
- Use the exhaust fan, or at least there’s a gap of air to the outdoors in the shower to remove moisture and gas smell from the House.
- Make sure your kitchen have exhaust fans that made the air to the outside. Use a fan or open window while cooking to remove smoke and odors in the air.
- Do not use the stove without any ventilation. Install carbon monoxide detectors in multiple locations in your House.
- Remove the washing machine or clothes dryer to the outdoors, too. Clean the vents regularly to make sure the dust does not obstruct the air flow.
- If you have a hobby coloring with watercolor or use some chemicals in your home, add extra ventilation. Open the Windows and use the portable window fan to pull air out of the room.
- If the air in the room is too humid, still looking for the source of moisture that needs to be controlled. If that still does not resolve the problem, use a dehumidifier. If you are using the dehumidifier, make sure you clean it regularly.